Saturday, December 03, 2005

My Religion...

I hear the disrupted dogma defecate my ears, corrupt my courage and seep through my senses.
I feel the sarcasm of Atheists wash over my cynical faith, with a bitter douche of reality. I have no argument now to attest to holding on, yet still I linger on the borders of spirituality carrying with me; a trifle crumb of loyalty, for a belief so hard to believe in.
I know of a truth unspoken, unheard and unknown. A truth depreciated by words, rituals and ramification. A truth reduced to vowels and consonants G-O-D, F-A-I-T-H, B-E-L-I-E-F…all strings of paper scrawls with no reality except “realism”.
I see a path before me, a path that spreads only wonder but asks a heavy price. It cloaks itself, well hidden until one manages to strike true, deep into the core. Strike all culture, all knowledge and all thought. Until one manages to walk the path with eyes closed and hearts open.
I find a meaning finally, buried deep under hypocritical appearances. A meaning without all constants. A meaning that asks for nothing save courage, to acknowledge it once it is found. A meaning that requires a lonely Scavenger Hunt into the depths of all that is wrong, to hit what is right and recognize it. A meaning that provides no answers, poses no questions and serves no urges… it just offers peace.

My religion is boundless, its truths elusive. Its book: Goodness, its principles: Human. Its dogma: Tolerance, its Prophet: Art. It’s God, the elements outside my heart and inside. My religion, My truth, My book, My dogma, My prophets, My God.

My religion is the fulfillment wrought on by a good Dylan song,
The ecstasy known only after dancing in circles till the point of collapsing
The bliss of silly laughter shared with friends without reason
The first sip of a ice-cold Coke
The sound of summer storms and thunder rain
My religion is all the joy that colors bring; blue for mood, white for peace, red for passion.
My religion is the taste which lingers after a warm helping of enchiladas
My religion is the pat on the back after a job well done,
My religion is the flick of the match that lights a candle.
My religion is someone else’s joy which becomes so palpable it is mine.
My religion is a man’s smile that sparks my own.
My religion is a book that drives me to tears, when words on a page change my reality.
My religion is my Grandparents hands.
My religion is all that I am, and all that I wish to be… My religion is all that life holds for me and all that I seek from life.

My religion is my humanity and my dogma my happiness.
My religion is the search.
The search is eternal
The answers indefinite
The logic fraternal.

No comments:

Post a Comment