Sunday, March 27, 2011

Haphazard Haiku's

So a friend of mine is leaving for the mountains.
It makes me sad in a way because we won't be 'being friends' over sporadic samosa chaat's and literary gobbledygook any more. He saves lives, travels a-cross country and somehow still finds time to make copies of films and songs for me. He also lends books that I can't read because I have to refrain from defiling the margins.
Still, he seems to have a knack for picking the exact volumes I can't refuse, at least, attempting to peer through like a normal person. He appears to have taken to composing Haiku's to avert boredom and the wait. I think it a fantastic idea, enough to plagiarise.

 Journalising gems

Typos, tall tales and technocrats

I need to find a new job

         ~

Days on end

Drive-thru’s and American Idol reruns

Series of unfortunate events

        ~

Spilling guts

Retractions, restrictions, ramifications,

All because she said I should talk to someone

         ~

Applications

waiting by gate, breath catching, envelope slitting

phone bill

           ~

Stranger spotted

Dark eyes, lazy grin, flashy car

Rear window: “Gujjar”

          ~
 
Grandparents on prayer mats
 
Theist, Deist, Atheist et al
 
God cheers on India in the semi-final

1 comment:

  1. By a stroke of luck/
    The mountains are just three hours/
    From Lahore. Hoop la!

    ReplyDelete